A vegan dinner party with omnivores

Home Forums Serving Vegan Food to Non-Vegans A vegan dinner party with omnivores

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bexn 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

bexn
    Participant

Some friends of mine wanted to have a dinner party but wanted me to be able to eat everything so they made the entire party plant-based! How awesome are they to do this for me? I brought mozzarella made using Miyoko’s Easy Buffalo Mozzarella recipe (from her blog) for the Caprese salad and also brought yummy vegan coconut cardamon chocolate fudge done in the shape of paw prints and doggy bones since we’re all dog owners. They liked the cheese so much that they put it on the stuffed tomatoes and stuffed peppers as well! (I should have put canola oil in it so it would have melted.) They even said they’d like to eat it again. I couldn’t believe it! I know they were a bit hesitant about tasting it becasue they’ve had store-bought vegan cheeses but this stuff they actually liked. One of them is going to try to make vegan feta cheese using Miyoko’s recipe (from her book) and is now even talking about trying a plant-based diet. Wow! She’ll likely switch slowly but still, that’s remarkable from just eating a little vegan cheese.

Thanks, Miyoko! I was so happy to show them that they don’t have to feel like they’re missing out if they choose to leave meat and dairy behind.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  bexn.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  bexn.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.